World Unani Foundation
World Unani Foundation (WUF) is a registered Trust that has been conceived for the propagation and promotion of Unani System of Medicine at the National as well as International level since October, 2012. It has an illustrious Board of Trustees and Founder Members as its guiding force. Not to mention it is first such organisation from Unani which has worldwide area of operation and has been created with a vision to benefit to mankind from the treasures of Unani System of Medicine by way of organizing Seminars, Conferences, CMEs and Health camps at different parts of the country. The stakeholders of WUF include researchers, practitioners, public health administrators, traders, multidisciplinary scientific academia and industry who are dedicated to the cause of development of Unani System of Medicine (USM).
Good quality products, research, healthcare programmes through camps and clinics, seminars, exhibitions, CMEs and a stress on general spread of USM around the world to name a few; is the board latitude of focus at the WUF. WUF also organized the 1st World Unani Congress on 7th-8th of March, 2017 in Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi where over 300 National Delegates from various parts of India and 10 International Delegates from Hungary, Germany, Srilanka, USA and UAE participated. SEHAT MELA, 2017 was held simultaneously where over 40 Unani & Ayurvedic companies had put there stalls. Ministry of AYUSH also participated in the Sehat Mela.
WUF is a unique platform which has the energy represented by all stakeholders to provide a multidimensional, relevant & scientific, in-depth traditionally rich Unani force.
WUF has organized many CME’s and co-organized the Second National Summit on Unani Medicine in association with All India Unani Tibbi Congress at Srinagar, J&K on 12th and 13th of May, 2015. WUF also supported the Global Conference on Unani Medicine in association with Directorate General, ISM, Government of J&K, in Srinagar on 12th and 13th of October, 2015 where The Hon’ble Union Minister of AYUSH (IC), Government of India and the then Chief Minister of J&K Jb. Mufti Mohd. Sayeed were the Chief Guests.
World Unani Foundation is now a Technical Collaborator for the International Conference on Unani Medicine being organized by AYUSH and Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine on Unani Day - 10th & 11th February, 2018 in Delhi.
Board of Trustees
- Mr Mohsin Dehlvi, CEO- Dehlvi Naturals, Delhi, Member – ASUDTAB, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India, Editor in Chief– Holistic Family Health
- Dr Abdul Kabir Dar, Secretary (Tech. Health & Medical Education), Govt. of J&K; Director General, ISM, Govt. of J&K and Managing Director, J&K Horticulture produce, Marketing and Processing Corporation (J&K HPMC)
- Mr Rouf Beigh, Director - Kashmir Tibbia College, Hospital & Research Centre, Kashmir
- Prof. Rashid Ahmad Bhikha, Founder & Director - Ibn Sena Institute of Tibb, South Africa
- Hakim M. Salim Khan, CEO - Mohsin Health Clinic, Leicester, UK
- Mr Monis Dehlvi, Business Development Manager, Dehlvi Naturals
OBJECTIVES OF WORLD UNANI FOUNDATION
1. Formation of an organization of international level consisting of Unani medical practitioners, Hakims, Unani lovers & well-wishers etc.
2. Propagating Unani medical science globally.
3. Creating public awareness towards the concept of Unani System of Medicine (USM) through seminars, camp, workshops, conferences and conventions or personal efforts.
4. Imparting training among the general public regarding identifying useful herbs bearing medicinal properties, their usage, good agricultural practices and its practical implementation.
5. Spreading education based on the concept of Unani, establishing education/training institutes on USM every nook and corner of the country.
6. Good quality products, support to research, healthcare programmes through camps and clinics, seminars, exhibitions, CMEs and general awareness across the world.
7. Creation, compilation and distribution of Unani Literature, Philosophy, Principles & Methods, Formulas, Knowledge and practice of USM.
8. Providing assistance to general public and government in all health/welfare oriented schemes.
9. Providing assistance to Unani practitioners by establishment of an Unani fund, fighting for their legitimate rights through the instrument/mechanism of judiciary.
10. To suggest the Govt. for shortcomings, working problems and the developments in Unani System of Medicine.
11. To organize Health Awareness program in rural areas. To help poor students studying Unani and organize, conduct medical orientation programs for school students and propagate USM.
12. To interact with other Unani organizations, societies, boards, research centers, established boards to affiliate them with the Trust.
13. To publish periodicals, magazines and newspapers regarding newly formed, founded or discovered new stretches of knowledge.
14. To facilitate honors, grants, awards and prizes, to commendable scholars and other working for development, promotion and propagation of the System.
15. To interact and instrumentalise with media to propagate and disseminate.